Aug 27, 2012

A Confession, an Apology, and a Dedication

     I know I have been absent for a VERY long time, hence the confession and apology. I have been on an emotional roller-coaster since December. On Christmas eve morning about 9 am I received a phone call from my Mom letting me know that my “big” little brother (Lance) was in a car accident.  My brother was on his way home from visiting with friends and hit a slick spot in the road, his car rolled end over end and he was ejected from the vehicle. He was found early Christmas eve morning and was taken to a local hospital. To shorten the story and spare you the details, he didn’t make it.   Since then I have been fighting depression and trying to maintain some form of normalcy. I keep telling myself that he was needed for a higher purpose. Boo says God needed him to train the angels in heaven, but that doesn’t make it any easier.

     My brother and I fought like cats and dogs but I really did love him, even if I didn’t always show it.  He turned into an amazing man and I hope Boo grows up to be just like him. He served our country for eight years in the Marines. He had just finished serving in Okinawa, Japan and came home in October to visit. I dedicate this post to him. To let him know how much he is loved and missed.

 image

My brother (Lance) was able to attend my sister’s wedding in his dress blues.

image

This is his “yah, I know”, or “and…”  look.

image

His final resting place, where he can watch the sunset each evening.

     I look forward to getting back to blogging and I’m sorry I just disappeared for so long. It’s taken a long time to come to terms with his death.  I plan on sharing a school room update, curriculum updates and very over due house pictures. Have you ever lost a loved one? How long did it take to return to some form of normalcy?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a question or comment.