Jan 9, 2012

January Sensory Tub

     I got our January sensory tub all put together the first part of last week and thought I would share.
                                   IMG_0046
IMG_0047IMG_0048IMG_0049IMG_0050IMG_0051IMG_0052
     The medium for this month is cotton balls and silver glitter, aka “snow”. There are the two Christmas tree branches, a ribbon, green garland and tinsel from Decembers bin, “buttons” from our snowman kit (those little black round things), several “winter” animals (a penguin, an elk, a mountain lion, a bobcat, deer, and a bear). I put chopsticks with a chopstick helper on them so the kids could use them like tongs, there is a small pair of garnish tongs, and a small ladle for them to scoop with.
IMG_0053  IMG_0056
   The kids have been enjoying the change in the medium. They decided they would try and make a “snow man”, I had to laugh a little because he looks a little sad but they tried.
IMG_0058  IMG_0068  IMG_0080
IMG_0087    IMG_0086  IMG_0082
    Bean was having a blast making “snow” mountains. Sis was very adamant that she needed to put the cotton balls onto the black buttons, I’m still not completely sure why but she was very entertained by it.
Thanks,
Len

MondayButton150

3 comments:

  1. I love finding new sites with sensory tubs! We have cotton balls and animals in ours as well. I am a new follower and hope you will follow me too :) Also, I am hosting a contained activities link party each week for trays, boxes, bins and bags and would love for you to share this post!

    http://his4homeschooling.blogspot.com/2012/01/whats-on-tray-wednesday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stopping by from Montessori Monday! What a fun sensory tub...so much for little ones to do and see! My tot and preschooler would love trying out chop sticks! I might have to add this to one of our next sensory bins or trays!

    Lisa
    Criss-Cross Applesauce

    P.S. I'm your newest follower on GFC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun ideas for a January sensory tub ... I love the idea of adding winter animals! Thanks so much for linking up with Montessori Monday. I featured your post at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/LivingMontessoriNow

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a question or comment.