Dec 21, 2011

Christmas Tree Decorating, for two year olds

IMG_0020
     I know, nothing fancy here, but with a two year old “helper” there’s a LOT of helping going on. Last year we had the tree on a table that Bean couldn’t reach and that worked well but since she is a “big” girl NOTHING is out of her reach. I decided I would work with it rather than against it because frankly I just don’t have as much energy as she does :-). See the gift box next to the tree, that has non-breakable (or not so breakable) ornaments in it, just for the kids to put up and take down over and over.
     IMG_0018  IMG_0019
  The older kids thought it was great the first couple of times but it got old fairly quickly. Bean however is more than happy to “help” Mom decorate the tree, she likes to show me an ornament and then put it on the tree, have me inspect then announce “me helping, Mom, me helping” (jumping up and down), she has been very proud of herself.
  IMG_0007IMG_0008IMG_0009IMG_0010IMG_0014
     She struggled with being able to get those little metal hooks to actually hook onto a branch right at first but after several tries and a small fit she manages just fine. I’m glad it makes her happy and it makes Mom happy when I don’t have to keep her out of something, a win win in my book.
Thanks,
Len
Montessori Monday

2 comments:

  1. Good for you. I decorated ours while our 2 year old was at nursery but he certainly helped me strip it a few times since then. We too have gone with the all non breakable ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that you're making your Christmas tree decorating accessible for your 2 year old! I think that's the perfect way to approach Christmas trees with little ones. Thanks for linking up with Montessori Monday. I featured your post at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/LivingMontessoriNow. Have a wonderful Christmas! :) Deb

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a question or comment.