May 2, 2011

Egg-tastic Counting Game

     So things in my house have been a little chaotic this last week. I’m organizing the school supplies and getting rid of what we don’t use.  I will do a little show and tell next week so you can see our school area.
     While rummaging though the mountain of “things” I ran across a package of plastic eggs. I didn’t really want to keep them but didn’t really want to toss them either. Here is what we ended up doing with them.
IMG_3671
IMG_3672
IMG_3673
     The kids had to close there eyes and pick an egg, Sis tells me what the number is, Bean helps count out the M&Ms, and Boo has to tell me what two sums could make the number he drew. The kids had a blast and they got to practice a few math facts for snack time. Since the M&Ms are gone we now use jelly beans, fruit snacks, raisins, dehydrated banana chips, and nuts. Do you have any fun learning activities you “sneak” into your routine?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a question or comment.