Apr 11, 2011

Best Friend Purse

     Sis had a birthday party this weekend. We decided that little Miss T (Sis’s BF) needed a cute little girly purse to put all that girly stuff in (a brush, lotion, chap stick, and polish).

     Remember the pink “Hawaiian” fabric from this post. I really love the print and thought it would work nicely as a purse.

Floral print

     I thought it would be a straight forward and fairly easy project, oh how I was wrong!

Problem #1- I live in a small town and they didn’t have what I needed, so I used what I COULD find. We don’t have a fabric store, we have a quilt shop, apparently it’s not the same thing because they don’t have any bias tape, they don’t carry fabric (only flannel and fleece). Needless to say, a little frustrating.

Problem #2- Applying single fold bias tape, need I say more.

Problem #3- I procrastinated until the day before the party, so smart. They should give degrees in procrastination, I would have at least a Bachelors.

Problem #4- I believe it’s Murphy’s Law that says everything that can go wrong will, that was defiantly true for the purse.

Now on a much lighter note, I am SO happy with how it turned out.

IMG_3558

Purse copy

IMG_3555  IMG_3553

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE it, but I just have to say that if you have a Bachelors in procrastination I must have my Doctorate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Looks like it was worth the trouble:) Thanks for auditioning for American Crafter- good luck:)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a question or comment.