Sis had a birthday party this weekend. We decided that little Miss T (Sis’s BF) needed a cute little girly purse to put all that girly stuff in (a brush, lotion, chap stick, and polish).
Remember the pink “Hawaiian” fabric from this post. I really love the print and thought it would work nicely as a purse.
I thought it would be a straight forward and fairly easy project, oh how I was wrong!
Problem #1- I live in a small town and they didn’t have what I needed, so I used what I COULD find. We don’t have a fabric store, we have a quilt shop, apparently it’s not the same thing because they don’t have any bias tape, they don’t carry fabric (only flannel and fleece). Needless to say, a little frustrating.
Problem #2- Applying single fold bias tape, need I say more.
Problem #3- I procrastinated until the day before the party, so smart. They should give degrees in procrastination, I would have at least a Bachelors.
Problem #4- I believe it’s Murphy’s Law that says everything that can go wrong will, that was defiantly true for the purse.
Now on a much lighter note, I am SO happy with how it turned out.