Apr 14, 2011

Beach Box

     Yesterday unbeknownst to all you dear followers I was over at Goddess of Gifts doing a guest post for my BF Athena. Well of course I had to show everyone here at my blog, so with out further ado I give you, my beach box (beach mat). (the pictures don’t do it justice, trust me)
IMG_3622IMG_3623IMG_3624IMG_3625IMG_3626IMG_3628IMG_3629IMG_3630 IMG_3631IMG_3627
     Alright now a little explaining for the whole thing, since I have had SO many ????.  No, it’s not water, it’s epoxy, yes it “looks” wet, but it’s completely dry. The O is a sand dollar I found while on a family trip to Oregon/Washington when I was about 8. Yes those are claws, from what crustacean, I honestly do not know. When my husband and I where dating we took a trip to a reservoir in Montana. He found those along the shore and gave them to me, I’ve had them ever since. It was the hubby’s idea to use the sand dollar and claws, I’m so happy he suggested it. If you would like to make your own hop on over to Goddess of Gifts and read the rest of the article.

2 comments:

  1. Very cute BEACH project :O)

    I'm a new follower from Shabby Chic's Transformation Thursday. Come over & say hello sometime: http://SallyLeeByTheSea.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I love using epoxy! It makes cool things like this!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a question or comment.