Mar 8, 2011

I do not like them, Sam-I-am.

March 2nd was Dr. Seuss’s birthday. To celebrate we postponed our normal school work for two weeks. I stumbled upon a fantastic web-site a few weeks back and fell madly in love. The only down fall to the site is there is tons of great activities to pick from, hence the two weeks (we could easily spend more than two weeks). The website is SeussVille. We have 14 Dr. Seuss books and most of them had activities for the book. There are math, coloring, language arts, games, and mazes. The kids have enjoyed the break without it actually being a break.  On March 2nd I made green eggs and sausage. I colored the outside of the eggs green as well as the inside (during cooking). I loved the reaction on Boo’s face when I announced we where having eggs for breakfast and asked him to grab them from the fridge, he almost dropped them when he opened the carton and found this.
IMG_3000
He said “Mom, I think there is something wrong with the eggs”. He refused to eat any, said they where rotten. My girls gobbled them up.
IMG_3009IMG_3010
We then got to read the book Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss, and start with the activities.
IMG_3008
As a family we made a Cat in the Hat cake (I made the cake, they ate half the frosting as it was going on the cake). Here it is, not too bad for my lack of cake decorating skills.
IMG_3069
I hope you enjoy the website as much as we have the last couple of weeks.
IMG_3002IMG_3003

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a question or comment.