Jan 4, 2011

Movie Mayhem

I don't know about anyone else but we have a disaster in my house when it comes to DVDs. We have movies with no case, cases with no movies, and scratched DVDs, as much as I hate to admit it, it's not so great. Ok I can't take credit for this idea it was my best friend's sister in law who came up with it. I haven't seen hers so after my best friend Athena told me how she works her movies I decided to give it a shot. So here it is.
 We have two CD cases one is about 200 and the other is about 100 (leaves room for new DVDs/CDs) the larger one is for the kids/family and the little one is for my husband and I. We have all the Gamecube and Wii games in ours so the kids don't just decide they will play the video games or lend them to friends.
In each case I have dividers. The large one I have Movies, Computer, and Music. The little one I have Movies, Gamecube, Wii, and Music.
Each DVD/CD/Game is labeled. I used Avery all-purpose labels, note they will smear if the ink is wet, works fine once dry.
I made a "card" for each family member using card stock and then laminating it with clear contact paper. They then use the card to check out a movie or computer disk. They are then accountable for that disk, we know who has which disk.
 

I'm loving it so far, we free up several shelfs that can be used for something else, it keeps the disc's organized
and no more lost disc's.